True Crime podcasts, documentaries, and books are increasingly grabbing the attention of many people around the world. This trend is hopefully here to stay and gaining momentum in helping to solve cold cases and a new avenue to give a voice to victims who have lost their lives too soon.
Diligently I wait and listen to every newly released episode of the My Favorite Murder podcast weekly. This is one of about a dozen podcasts in my cue and I am even considering going to CrimeCon this year. (Yes, this is a thing.) Taking my commitment to solving crime in my spare time to the next level means only one thing… starting a book club. I’m just not ready for the tattoo.
Many of my friends share the same passion and interest in True Crime, so I started my first book club! If you would like to start your own club, but don’t know where to start, here are a few tips to get you started!
- Spread the Word. Invite your favorite crime-solving gal pals to join you in reading your favorite true crime novel.
- Pick a Date. Find a monthly meeting time that works for the group. It helps if you can keep it on the same day each month (1st Tuesday of the month, 2nd Thursday of the month…etc.)
- Pick a Book. Sometimes this can be difficult, there are so many great books out right now. Ask each book club member to add their book to the list and randomly choose a book each month. Here is a great link to 40 of the Top-selling True Crime Books to get you started.
- Pick a Spot. Choose a location that is convenient for everyone, such as having a host house or even a local wine bar.
- And don’t forget the wine… this should really be number one.