Grilled Eggplant Roll-Ups with Spiced Beef Filling
- 2 Large Eggplants
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Large Onion (minced very fine)
- 3 Cloves of Garlic (mashed)
- 1/2 tsp. Allspice
- 1/2 tsp. Coriander
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Dried Basil Leaves
- 1/2 tsp. Salt and Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Cumin
- 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
- Olive Oil
Spiced Beef Filling Cooking Instructions:
- Heat 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add the chopped onion and saute until golden brown, approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- Next, add ground beef and stir to incorporate into the onion, allowing the meat to cook through a little, approximately 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and spices, and stir to combine. Heat for 10 minutes to enhance flavors.
Grilled Eggplant Instructions:
- Slice Eggplant, length wise, into quarter inch slices, approximately 12 slices.
- Drizzle 4 tablespoons total over both slides of the eggplant.
- season slices generously with pinches of salt and pepper.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill eggplant for about 4 minutes per side or until tender and golden-brown.
- Allow eggplant to cool slightly and prepare to assemble and finish the roll-ups by adding the spiced beef filling.
To Assemble and Serve:
To make the roll-ups, take one grilled eggplant slice with the wider portion of the slice closest to you, and spoon about 3 gnerous tablespoons worth of spiced beef filling into the slice. Wrap the eggplant around the filling and roll, being careful not to rip the eggplant. Once rolled, place it seam-side down in baking dish and repeat the process. Making all 12 of the eggplant roll-ups.
Place in 350 degree oven covered for 20 minutes.
While eggplant roll-ups warm in the oven, prepare Alfredo Sauce