My favorite recipe to make is my famous Jalapeño Ranch Dip when I’m hosting a party, going out to the lake, potluck, or tailgate. It’s easy to make, you can make it the night before and it feeds a lot of people! It’s this southern girl’s best-kept party secret and I’m sharing it with you!
Here’s what you’ll need!
- 1 Quart Kraft Mayo
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Cup Sliced Jalapeños with juice
- 1 Cup Green Tomatillos with juice
- 1 Small Bunch of Cilantro
- 3 Packets of Buttermilk Ranch Dressing Seasoning (Hidden Valley Ranch is the brand I use)
- Kitchen gadgets you’ll need: blender, glass measursing cup, and large plastic storage container.
- Add 1 quart Kraft Mayo into blender (Note: it has to be Kraft mayo. I’ve made it with other mayos and it’s just not the same, trust me!)
- Next add one cup of buttermilk into blender.
- Pack one cup of sliced jalapeños, spoon jalapeño juice over the cup of jalapeños and add to blender.
- Blend mayo, buttermilk, and jalapeños on high until the jalapeños look like crumbs in the buttermilk.
- Measure one cup of tomatillos, spoon juice over tomatillos, add to blender.
- Pull cilantro leaves off stems and add to blender.
- Blend on high until the tomatillos are gone and the cilantro is finely chopped.
- Add 3 packets of buttermilk ranch dressing and blend on low.
- This is a great recipe to make the night ahead and refregerate over night. HEB fresh tortilla chips pair nicely with this recipe!