Every year I get so excited about the change in weather for many different reasons. The start of the Fall is the start of the Aggie Football season in Aggieland, my birthday and my wedding anniversary are also in the Fall. And of course, the real kick-off begins in the Fall… the holiday season! There are plenty of things to do this Fall in and around the Brazos Valley. I have rounded up my top twenty places to visit and things to do this Fall with your friends and family.
1. 36th Annual Kolache Festival is on September 11th, this year. It’s an easy drive from Aggieland to Caldwell and a must-do every Fall.
2. The Farm Patch, an open-air produce market and greenhouse, is one of my favorite places to visit for locally grown produce and in the Fall they have the cutest Pumpkin Patch. It’s a great place to take the kids, take Fall photos, and pick out your pumpkins.
3. P6 Farms is a great location for kicking off the fall season with kettle corn, hayrides, a pumpkin patch, and don’t forget to capture the perfect fall photos in front of their many fun backdrops.
4. The Texas A&M Agronomy Society’s Aggie Corn Maze benefiting the on-campus food bank, 12th Can. The Aggie Corn Maze is located at 2605 F&B Road in College Station and is typically held at the end of October. Check their Facebook page for the exact dates, times, and donation suggestions.
5. Ronin Harvest Moon Dinner September 18th. Enjoy a nine-course tasting menu right from locally sourced ingredients under the stars at the Ronin Farm in Bryan.
6. Brazos Valley Fair and Rodeo Tractor Pull on October 17th at the Brazos County Expo Center in Bryan.
7. Century Square Biergarten is new this year and a great way to gather in a family-friendly environment with lots of great shops and restaurants to choose from, live music, and cold brews every Saturday this Fall.
8. Grab a S’mores Kit at Cavalry Court Hotel and roast marshmallows while listening to live music at the Canteen.
9. Brazos Valley Fair and Rodeo October 22nd through the 24th.
10. Tailgate and watch a Texas A&M University Football Game at Kyle Field.
11. Bring your pup and enjoy a cup of seasonal Joe at the P.O.V. Coffee House, located at Lake Walk in Bryan.
12. Homegrown at Northgate on October 17th. Shop local artisans, produce, and homemade goods.
13. BCS Oktoberfest Half Marathon and 10K October 17th.
14. First Friday’s in Downtown Bryan. Join the fun year-round in Downtown Bryan on the first Friday of every month.
15. Pecan Orchard Tour at Royalty Pecan Farms.
16. Tour and tasting at WildFlyer Mead Company.
17. Wine tasting and tour at Messina Hof Winery.
18. Brazos Valley Farmer’s Market every Saturday morning in Downtown Bryan.
19. Tour and take fall pictures at the Texas A&M University Leech Teaching Gardens.
20. Trick-Or-Treat at Century Square, October 31st.