Create a beautiful and simple floral design and tablescape for your Patriotic gathering this summer with a few easy steps. Here are a few elements that will help you to create the perfect setup for any holiday tablescape design:
- A tablecloth can go along with the theme or maybe you have a family heirloom piece that you love to show off on special occasions.
- A Placemat or charger will create the next layer on your table and it can help carry your theme throughout the entire tablescape design.
- Choose the dinnerware that help set the tone for your gathering. Our everyday dinnerware is Fiesta. This dinnerware is casual and it is easy to mix and match depending on the holiday season.
- Cloth napkins elevate the dinner table and make guest feel special.
- The floral centerpiece pulls the entire table together and adds life to the room.
- I always add a small detail on the table that is a conversation, I call this my “conversation starter detail.” In the Patriotic tablescape, I added American flags, embroidered cocktail napkins and rattan napkin rings in the shape of stars.
Visit your local flower market, farmers market, florist, or grocery store to find a great selection of flowers to create your patriotic floral design. Below are a few of my favorite flowers to use in a Patriotic floral design.
Unique Flower Vases
Capture a pop of color with your flower vase. Step outside the box from the traditional clear vase and look for items around your house that could be repurposed as a vase. Water pitchers, ginger jars, mason jars, or baskets make excellent alternatives to the traditional clear vase.
Whether you are hosting a causal backyard barbeque or a more formal celebration, the dinner table elements will stay the same. Starting with my “layering method”, I will begin by selecting the perfect tablecolth that fits the overall theme.
Texture is key when creating the perfect tablescape. In the summer, I like to use a rattan or a natural woven charger to create a “beachy” or “summery” look and feel. Next I will add my favorite dinnerware and glassware.
Finish styling your table with the details. A small floral arrangement followed by embroidered cocktail napkins or American flags. The details on the table will become a great conversation starter and make guests excited to sit down together for a meal.