P-6 Farms Blooms and Berries Fest opening weekend was a great muddy Texas adventure! After receiving over a week of downpours we finally experienced a day of sunshine on the opening weekend of the Bloom and Berries Fest at P-6 Farms. The day was filled with excitement as we wandered around the farm, took photos with the sunflowers, and picked blackberries off the vine.
Home to the P-6 Cattle Company where the primary commerce is hay production and raising cattle, the Poole family has created a great rural escape for city slickers alike. I really enjoy visiting places in Texas that are dedicated to teaching the public about Agriculture and open their land to visitors and families to enjoy and experience together.
P-6 Farms is located in Montgomery, Texas. Only an hour drive South-East from Bryan-College Station or 30 minutes to an hour from Houston (depending on your location in Houston). While P-6 Farms is more suited for families with children, Mike and I had a great time pretending to be kids again. From shooting apples out of a cannon to swinging on an oversized porch swing made for giants, we were glad we made the visit.
Things to know before you go…
- You must pre-purchase your tickets online.
- Wear comfortable shoes (if it has rained recently you might even bring a pair of mud boots).
- Pack your sunscreen and a hat to cover your head, the farm is just that… a farm. While there are some shade trees, many of the activities are in full sun.
- Hydrate! In Texas, the summer months are hot and at the farm, again you are in the sun a majority of the day. P-6 Farms has concessions stands and a nice gift shop where you can purchase food and drinks.
- No outside food and drinks are allowed. Cash and credit cards are accepted at every pay station throughout the farm.
- Plan to leave your furry family members at home. Unfortunately, pets are not allowed.
- During the final week of their fall farm days (in November), they host an appreciation weekend and free admission for First Responders, Veterans, Current Military, and Teachers. (I LOVE this!)