If you are planning a tailgate or watch party this football season, I’ve created a fun way to serve your guests a snack they won’t forget.
Here’s what you’ll need and a few ideas so you can create your own Charcuterie in a Cup:
- Start with your theme. I selected cupcake liners from Amazon that looked like referee jerseys. Amazon, Hobby Lobby, or any party supply store are a great place to look for themed cupcake liners. The ones I chose have a scalloped edge, which I thought gave the cup a slightly feminine overall look.
- Add a pop of color. I knew I needed a few game-day flags that tied the theme all the way together. I also purchased these on Amazon.
- Bamboo cocktail skewers are always good to have on hand. I keep these stocked at home, but they are super helpful when you start to add all of the yummy charcuterie.
Now for the good stuff… what’s in the cup?
- Fill the base of the cup with a good trailmix. H-E-B Grocery has a excellent selection of trial mixes that can serve as your filling. The mix I selected is the “Nature’s Eats: Berry Nutty Dark Chocolate”, which includes: Almonds, Cranberries, Dark Chocolate Chunks, Raisins, and Walnuts. It’s a hardy mix that creates a solid base for you to add the rest of your meats, cheeses, fruits, etc.
- Pretzel Rods
- Fruit: blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries
- Cheese: cubed cheese works the best and it’s easier to add to your skewers. Select your favorite cheeses but typically for gatherings I’ll select a sharp chedar, colby and or a American cheese that I know everyone will like.
- Cherry tomoatoes
- Meat: salami or any presliced meat that you enjoy will work. Fold the salami in half and then fold it again, creating a triangle. Stack the salami on skewer after folding will create a fan look, similar to the picture above.
- Finally, garnish with rosemary for another pop of color and it creates a beautiful aroma in your kitchen.
How to display your charcuterie in a cup.
Use brown butcher paper and a white chalk marker to draw your “playbook” on the edge of the paper. Lay the butcher paper on a serving dish or simply on your countertop and fill in with your ready-to-go, football-themed, charcuterie in a cup.
Shop all the accessories you will need for your next tailgate party by simply clicking on the pictures below. And let me know how your charcuterie in a cup turns out!